Journey down Granby Street and gain insight into the rich history of the city, the variety of foods and how it became the destination it is today!
The Downtown Norfolk Food Tour is a 3.5-hour guided walking tour of the ever-evolving city. With a developing trendy scene full of talented chefs and ambitious restaurateurs, it's quickly become a foodie destination!
Granby Street, in the heart of the city, offers everything from traditional coastal dishes to modern, ethnic and sustainable cuisine. Stop at 4-5 tasting locations on the tour for samples that may include (and are subject to change):
- Local seafood specialties
- Award-winning chef's signature dishes
- House-smoked meats
- Fair trade organic coffee
- Eclectic tapas created with locally sourced ingredients
- Authentic Moroccan cuisine served at a 19th century carriage house
- Locally brewed beers
- Best and largest desserts in the city
Explore the city where intricate architecture mingles with 21st century skyscrapers and discover delicious food on the Downtown Norfolk Food Tour!
March - November:
Saturdays - 4:30 PM
- Participants can expect to be on their feet for approximately half of the 3.5-hour tour
- Each stop will last 15-20 minutes and seating will be available
- All tastings are included in the price of this experience
- Children under the age of 7 who will not be participating in food tastings do not require a ticket, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you will be bringing an infant or young child along with you
This tour will have up to 12 participants.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, you will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding weather.
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather. You will be standing or walking for approximately half of this tour; comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance.