Become a market insider as you embark on a behind-the-scenes adventure to experience the sights, sounds and flavors of this historic 100+ year old culinary landmark.
Meet the Market's lively characters and hear their memorable stories. See fish fly, cheese being made by hand, and the original Starbucks store!
Your guides are culinary and history enthusiasts who are past and present members of the Pike Place Market community. They have the most intimate friendships with the merchants that give the Market it's captivating personality. From Iron Chef winner Tom Douglas to the world famous fish throwers, you'll meet the best of the Market!
Tour may include delicious samples of (subject to change):
- America's Best Clam Chowder - national award winner!
- #1 Artisan handmade cheese in Washington
- Renowned chef Tom Douglas' crab cakes
- Savory Russian piroshky pastries
- Local Greek yogurt
- Piping hot mini-doughnuts
- Ground pork Lumpia
- Cherry-inspired chocolate treats, homemade caramels, and much more!
Daily - 10:00 AM & 2:00 PM
- Experience includes all food and drink tastings (enough for a meal) and a VIP discount card that will entitle you to 10-15% off on future purchases at your favorite vendors and shops
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but is greatly appreciated if you enjoy your experience
- A certain level of physical fitness is required as you will be walking and on your feet for approximately 2 hours
- Participants are encouraged to take photographs during the tour, but video cameras and tape recorders are prohibited
- Tour tastings and venues are subject to change
Up to 16 people on the tour
This experience is not weather dependent.
Wear comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather, and bring an umbrella if necessary. You will be on your feet for 2 hours, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.